IBA Investment Partnerships
IBA’s vision is for a nation in which First Australians are economically independent and an integral part of the economy. We invest for impact alongside Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and private sector partners in commercial ventures that provide financial returns and a lot more. Our portfolio comprises $430 million in investments across a range of sectors, alongside close to 40 Indigenous organisations from across Australia. We are launching an expression of interest with the intention to invest an additional $50 million in viable business opportunities that support our vision.
IBA Investments’ portfolio target return is CPI+4%, however the financial returns generated will be specific to each investment opportunity, which will be assessed alongside the potential to create social outcomes.
Each opportunity should deliver employment, training and/or supply chain outcomes to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and businesses, alongside strong financial returns to Indigenous organisations through co-investment.
- Indigenous Business Australia
- $50 million
- Each opportunity should have an overall investment value of $4 million to $50 million and require a capital contribution from IBA of a leat 25% of the overall investment value
- Indigenous or private equity, Debt, Social impact bonds
- Sophisticated/Wholesale investors only
- Indigenous, Community, Employment, Health, Housing, Renewables